Maintenance Assistant Parks (Seasonal) - #2189645
Environmental Conservation, Department of
Candidates must have two years experience in maintenance, or mechanical work under the supervision of a skilled trade person or completion of an appropriate two-year technical school course. Computer skills and customer service experience is preferredDuties DescriptionThis position will perform campground maintenance such as using rakes, push lawn mowers, leaf blowers, cleaning toilets, bathrooms and shower rooms. Must be able and willing to perform duties in the Campground Recycle Center, (i.e. process garbage, deposit containers and recyclables) as mandated by New York State, County and Local Landfill policies. This will require the ability of lifting full garbage cans chest high
- Must accept instruction in the operating policies and abide be them. All tasks are to be conducted in a safe manner, with any injuries and illnesses to be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- Will be required to handle and account for money and complete necessary close out reports. Must be willing and able to supervise 3 or more persons (laborers, lifeguards, and park rangers) during the absence of the facility supervisor or at the direction of them
- Ensure that time sheets are completed on time.
- Will be responsible for the correct completion of camping permits, revenue reports, all employee tasks and completion, and camper registration/site assignments
- Must understand and comply with the campground manual at all times.
- May be required to stay overnight in the event of an emergency that takes the supervisor away from the campground overnight or if directed by the supervisor or the regional office.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work assigned shifts
- Must be punctual, reporting to work on time
- Must refrain from using state equipment (i.e. vehicles, telephone ,internet mechanical tools, or assigned work equipment for anything other than official state business.
- This position requires you to be well groomed, wear appropriate attire or assigned uniform, including work boots; no sneakers.
These are temporary positions with a duration of 4/29/22 through 10/31/22. Positions available at one or more of the facilities in the Indian Lake working circle area for the 2022 camping season. Program needs will determine the actual end date of the position. Work hours and schedule may vary, and will be discussed at the interview.
Must have a valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and in adverse weather conditions. Overtime may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Must reside in State Housing.