Installer II - #2189635
Do you want to change the world? We do, too
Solar penetration is less than 1%, but just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best solar technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency, and performance. SunPower offers the only solar + storage solution designed and warranted by one company that gives customers control over electricity consumption. Through design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring, SunPower provides its world-class solar solutions to residential and commercial customers across the U.S.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate, and driven team of more than 2,500 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. SunPower welcomes the forward thinkers, the future savers of the world, the freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy.
Summary of Role:
SunPower is seeking installers to join our SunPower Direct Residential program. Working as part of an installation crew, this role will provide an opportunity for qualified individuals to install best in class solar PV systems. Many skills and knowledge will be acquired in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively work in a team to install and seal roof attachments, equipment racking supports, and solar panels
- Perform all construction tasks per manufacturer’s installation guidelines
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (DC and AC)/installing raceways around residential applications: roofs, attics, walls
- Perform site survey activities with a team and independently
- Review job installation plan with the Crew Lead
- Assist with project inventory tracking
- Prepare, load and organize installation vehicles. Warehouse organization required
- Assist in taking installation tools and materials to the roof or installation site
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
Maintain job site
- High school diploma or Trade School degree related to construction/building sciences required OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Basic knowledge of residential electrical and structural systems
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
Reliable attendance required
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Construction or Electrical field experience
- Associates degree and 2+ years related experience
Excellent customer service skills and verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to traverse/maneuver job sites and survey/assess all aspects of the construction process for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder onto a roof/walk across a roof/install equipment to roof safely
- Regularly works in outdoor conditions: inclement weather, heat and humidity, cold and freezing temperatures, and exposure to poisonous plants, insects, and allergens
- May be exposed to energized electrical equipment and will be required to take appropriate precautions
- The employee may routinely handle typical work equipment/materials and be required to lift, move and install materials up to 50+ pounds
- Frequent and repeated lifting from ground to various heights up to 50 pounds individually, and team lifting heavier items
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate but could be louder depending on location of install or demo
- Ability to use and learn standard construction equipment and technology with proficiency
- Typical work hours are M-F in 8-hour shifts, potential weekends
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and own a registered insured personal vehicle to travel between job sites – no use of motorcycles or scooters during business hours
- Ability to travel between warehouse and job sites
- Visual acuity to drive motor vehicles and mobile equipment and to read printed and electronic documents
Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common driving and construction environment noises
Note: This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, a 7-year driving history report, and a drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [email protected] Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.