Veterans Account Coordinator - #1855257
Rescue Mission of Utica NY
Our Mission Statement: The Rescue Mission of Utica, Inc. is a Christian Ministry, established to proclaim, in word and deed, the life changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, by unconditionally endeavoring to assess and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those individuals seeking assistance.
Job Title: Veterans Account Coordinator in our Representative Payee Department.
Job Summary: The primary role of the Veterans Account Coordinator is to assist the veteran population referred to us from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Follow the rules set by the VA and Social Security Administration (SSA) Communicate frequently with the VA field examiners, VA fiduciary hub employees and SSA personnel. Assist Veterans with implementing a budget and then monitoring their accounts for timely processing of their financial affairs. When necessary educate and assist our Veterans with services available to them in the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with Veterans to discuss living situations and financial responsibilities.
- Establish and assist Veterans with developing financially sound and consistent budgeting practices.
- Prepare bill paying process according to Veterans budget.
- Maintain accurate Veterans files.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all Veterans.
- Network with other agencies for additional services for Veterans.
- Prepare paperwork for referral agencies.
- Prepare VA and SSA accountings and/or other reports as assigned specific to Veterans caseload.
- Communicate with the VA Fiduciary Hub and the field examiners and the SSA Representatives assigned to the Veterans .
- Process and sort adhoc and recurring checks and prepare for mailing.
- Meet with supervisor weekly to discuss Veterans issues/concerns/goals, provide status updates and upcoming client developments.
- Report critical concerns that demand administrative guidance immediately to your supervisor
- Attend Veterans marketing and outreach opportunities as well as periodic visits to SSA with your supervisor.
- Abide by all Mission and program and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Attend and participate in meetings and trainings as requested by supervisor.
- All other duties as requested by your supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with military and VA
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, Human Services or related field preferred.
- (1) year experience with one-to-one interaction with client with identification of client’s needs and goals for the development of a budget.
- (1) year of experience working with special populations in the area of recovery, homelessness and mental illness helpful.
- Experience with one-on-one interaction determining Veteran’s needs and goals for the development of a budget
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Accufund or other accounting software.
- Enthusiastic support of our Mission Statement.
Status/Hours: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Pay Rate and Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees to include medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holidays and paid training.
The Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.