Advertising Inventory Coordinator - #1841108
Lamar Advertising Company
Are you great at keeping track of things? We’re looking for an Advertising Inventory Coordinator to track our billboard inventory! Our Lamar Transit office in Buffalo, NY is now hiring a new team member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Buffalo, New York, and the surrounding areas. This position will start out as a hybrid position where work may be completed both remotely and in the Buffalo office.
The Transit & Airport division of Lamar Advertising takes advertisements street-level and delivers the advertising message to drivers and pedestrians in a fresh, non-conventional way. We assist local, regional, and national advertisers reach their target audience on the go - where they live, work, shop, dine, play, and everywhere in between.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The starting hourly range for this position is $20 - $23 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications.
The Advertising Inventory Coordinator assists the Sales and Operations departments with duties related to the selection of locations and charting of buses, trains, and shelters into the charting system, maintaining up-to-date information in charting for posting and receiving of materials, creating work orders and routes for the install crews, and approving Proof of Performance (POP) photos. At least 50% of this position’s responsibilities are dedicated to charting. The rest is focused on other various administrative support efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Act as the liaison between the Sales and Operations Department
- Chart all requests, contracts, and special requests from Sales Account Executives, National Sales, Sales Manager, and General Manager in a timely and accurate manner
- For National Sales, keep abreast on updates on all posting instructions. Provide holds and proposals for National Sales upon request. Process completion reports in accordance with National Sales deadlines.
- Keep up to date & accurate posting information for each client
- May download and/or approve all photographs taken by installation crew for the POP system
- Review and prepare works orders as needed for operations, pull all work orders in the absence of the Operations Manager, and assist in prioritizing installations
- Order & keep track of all posting supplies
- Maintain up-to-date lists of inventory
- Maintain inventory of all printed materials delivered to the plant and account for deliveries in the charting system, on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update Sales Account Executives, Sales Manager and General Manager on the timely arrival of printed materials as well as weekly spreadsheet of materials in house and ready to go and materials missing.
- Maintain projected upcoming installations report
- Report on a daily basis all postings from the previous day, and report on a weekly basis all postings for the previous week and upcoming availability
Digital Charting Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between the client and Lamar Account Executives, and the plant and the Network Operating Center (NOC) by providing coordination of specific activities required to operate the digital display product successfully
- Ensure that the day to day operations of the displays(s) are running smoothly and that the client’s needs are met on a daily basis
- Receive creative from the client and/or Lamar Artist, upload the creative, and approve the schedule creative for the client(s)
- Train client(s) in the use of software to operate their Digital Displays from their place of business; assist client(s) in the creation of ads for the digital display; upload and make changes to the ads as the client desires
- Email correspondence, inputting and researching data, inputting and ordering production, taking and uploading POP photos, charting responsibilities (digital and/or static structures), and managing social media content
- May support Operations with administrative duties such as: maintenance of OSHA logs, handle Operations Manager’s and GM’s expense reports upon request, misc. truck mileage reporting, petty cash, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Requires an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and is proactive
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use copiers, scanners, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Requires the ability to handle different challenges each day and adequately prioritize those demands
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or Equivalent required
- Associates and/or bachelor’s degree (in Business, Marketing, or another related field) preferred
- 5 years of office experience is preferred.
- A driver’s license is preferred.
- Or another equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an office.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, and acuity), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights spent away from home are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal contractor, Lamar is required to comply with federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates. In compliance with these mandates, all employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by December 8, 2021, and will be required to submit their COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire through our Employee Web Portal. For purposes of the federal vaccine mandate requirements, an individual is considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since the person received the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. As an applicant, you have the same rights to accommodation as employees under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act (Title VII). If an accommodation request is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review and could result in a denial.