PLC Programmer - #1723740
This role requires strong PLC, controls, and electrical aptitude. This Technician will be responsible for implementing PLC and HMI/SCADA designs and programming that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Design, develop, maintain, document, troubleshoot, and debug PLC and HMI software.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups to facilitate a Systems Engineering approach to the plant and machine design.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- PLC software experience and aptitude.
- Electrical and control experience and aptitude.
- Ability to write, understand, and troubleshoot PLC software in ladder, function chart, structured text, or sequential function languages.
- Ability to read, understand, and create electrical and control schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electrical and control circuits.
- Understanding of process and machine control.
- Ability to manage details of technical requirements including task assignments, tracking, and communications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining project cost and schedule constraints.
- Ability to manage workload effectively, to plan, organize, and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with other disciplines.
- Proven ability to design, debug, and resolve software and control systems.
- 5 years of PLC programming experience (Allen-Bradley Logix, PLC5, SLC; other platforms a plus.)
- 5 years of HMI/SCADA design experience (Wonderware, FactoryTalk View; other platforms a plus.)
- Knowledge of common industrial networks (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet.)
- Knowledge of VFDs, servos and common system interfaces (CIP, Field buses.)
- Ability to read Process & Instrumentation drawings (P&IDs.)
- Ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Ability to read logic diagrams.
- Ability to diagram using CAD software.
- Boiler/Chiller and machine operation knowledge a plus.
- Low-voltage electrical design & layout a plus.
- Strong electrical & mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Team player who can adapt well to engineering standards.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Willing and able to work extended hours as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Passport a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Competitive pay based on experience.
- Health insurance.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) plan.
- Opportunities for out of town work.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.